Our office will be closed for Christmas from the close of business Friday the 21st of December 2018 and we will reopen on Wednesday the 2nd of January 2019. If you require urgent claims assistance, please contact the Underwriter directly, contact numbers can be found on our Contact Us page or contact your Broker
Finance & Insurance (Brokers) Australia Pty Ltd has pride in our service and this will be no different when it comes to making a claim. Cathy Fox our Claims Manager can assist you through the claims process and assist with any questions that you may have.
There are number of steps which must be taken immediately:
Report the incident to Finance and Insurance (Brokers) Australia Pty Ltd by telephone, facsimile or email, wherever practicable, within 24 hours of the incident.
Regardless of whether or not the claim has been reported or a loss assessor appointed, you must immediately do whatever is necessary to prevent further loss of life or property damage. For example:
- Call the fire brigade, ambulance, police or other appropriate emergency service.
- If during business hours, ensure the evacuation, if necessary, of staff and neighbours.
- If critical machinery fails, commence investigations to locate replacement plant or services.
- Have a security company install boarding over smashed windows and, if appropriate, employ an overnight security watchman.
- Remove property which is exposed to further loss or damage to a more secure place if possible.
- Providing no danger to life or limb is involved, ensure the safe removal and storage of vital business records.
Complete all claims documentation as soon as practicable (ensuring your ABN No. and Input Tax Credit entitlement are included) and forward to Finance and Insurance (Brokers) Australia Pty Ltd with any supporting documents.
To assist in ensuring a speedy outcome for your claim it is best to complete the following procedures and provide the information when reporting your claim.
Obtain the following from all the other parties involved:
- Registration Number
- Driver Details including Name, Address, Contact Number, Date of Birth, Licence Details.
- Name, Address, Contact Number
You must also obtain if required a:
- Report Number
Description of items damaged, lost or stolen (if available):
- Model number
- Year of purchase
- Approximate price paid
- Description of the item (functions, features, use. Colour etc.)
Proof of Ownership
- Receipts, manuals, warranties
Immediately report to the Police if the incident involves any malicious damage, theft, attempted theft, burglary or loss of insured property.Record for reporting your claim the Police Report number and the Police Station you reported it to.